Friday, August 16, 2013
I must apologize. I realized only last night that my weather station has not posted any measurable wind velocity since July 31st. Today I checked the anemometer cups with a long pole and found them jammed. I went to the Davis Instruments website and found their Sensor Maintenance page. Here were instructions for removing and cleaning the cups.
Avis puppis turned out to be the problem. If you need a translation for that, you can find it at Google Translate.
Everything is running smoothly now. The wind is blowing on South Fidalgo Island as it should. Again, my apologies to anyone who may have been relying on this data.